Hello lovely people of cyberspace! Last month I randomly decided to do a recap of the month and I decided that I really liked the idea. So here is a recap of my first month of 2016!
- I started the second semester of my sophomore year of college (I’m almost halfway done with my Bachelor’s degree!).
- I made dinner for myself for really the first time (My Adventure Making Dinner).
- My best friend tried on wedding dresses for the first time and I only teared up a lot.
- I started recycling.
- I started eating healthier and working out.
- I started a prayer journal in this super cool journal my boyfriend got me for Christmas.
- I finished my first Bible journal – today actually (Here’s a throwback post: Bible Journaling).
- I started a jar on January 1 where every time I finish a book I put the name of the book on a slip of paper (with my typewriter, of course) and put it in the jar. Then, at the end of the year I can look and see all the books I’ve read this year – I am so excited for this!
- I learned that my mini golf skills have only improved on a small scale since I last played when I was 14 (at least I didn’t hit a lady with a golf ball this time).
- I added 5 new categories to my word study journal (Why “Word Study” is the New Definition of Cool).
- I finished Jesus > Religion by Jefferson Bethke which is a seriously amazing book.
- I hurt my hand putting on pants. Yeah, that happened (The Series of Hilariously Painful Unfortunate Events).
- I learned not to despise small beginnings; you have to start somewhere.
January felt like it flew by, but looking back I can see a lot has happened in my life this month, I’ve seen God move in multiple areas of my life and it is such a blessing to reflect like this. A lot of these things may seem like they were New Year’s resolutions, but actually none of them were. They were things that happened because God placed them in my heart. Other things are just really random things that happened that give you a glimpse of what my life is like.
So what to expect for February: I’m going to start weekly posts on Wednesdays (hint: this week’s post has me really wanting to watch Peter Pan) and I’m expecting God to do big things in my life. Until next time, lovelies!
Photo Credit: Annie Spratt