In all seriousness, it is so hard to believe that my baby girl is a month old! It feels like we were just in the hospital. But it’s been the best. month. ever. Bella is already learning and growing so much, and it’s so fun!
Being a mom is wonderful and challenging and exhausting. It’s all that I thought it would be and more yet completely different at the same time.
I’ve learned that your life completely changes yet doesn’t at the same time.
I’ve learned that things often don’t go as planned, and that’s okay.
I’ve learned that I have a problem with it wanting to ask for help, and I’m working on it.
I’ve learned that I have a problem with not knowing when I need to say no to things, and I’m working on that, too.
I’ve learned how unconditional love really can be, and I understand how God loves us so much more now.
I’ve learned that my husband is an absolutely amazing father, and our child is so blessed to have him.
I’ve learned that spit up matches everything, so I just wear it all the time!
I’ve learned that some things are just needed when you become a mom. These things include:
- Coffee. Always the coffee.
- A nursing pillow. These little people get heavy fast.
- E-books and e-textbooks for middle-of-the-night feedings. Holding an actual book can often be too difficult (at least for me).
- Someone to hold your baby so you can take a much needed shower or bath.
- Did I mention coffee?
- Voice-to-text to take notes while you read a textbook while a baby is sleeping on one of your arms.
- Snacks and plenty of water for middle-of-the-night feedings.
And finally, I’ve learned that I have the cutest baby ever, and I’ve had the best month of my life with her! Happy one month Isabella Grace!
Featured image photo credit: Fig Tree Films