It’s late, and I’m sleepy, but here’s what happened this month that I remember!
- I finished Acts and Jude so the only book I haven’t read in the New Testament is Revelation (which I’m reading now)!
- I finished classes! Now I have 3 days of exams and I’M HALFWAY DONE WITH MY DEGREE!
- I literally walked into a gas station and got drinks and when I got to the car I saw that my finger was bleeding. It wasn’t bleeding before I went in. Still no idea how that happened.
- One word: Papers.
- Another word: Presentations.
- I watched 2 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy in like a week and a half.
I’m sure more stuff happened, my life isn’t totally boring, but that’s what I remember. But at the end of the day – literally the end, it’s 11:30 – God is good and I am so blessed to live this life I live.
Photo Credit: Thought Catalog
February flew by – and I don’t think it’s just because it’s shorter than the other months. Here are a few things that happened this month!
- Genelle and I hiked like 6.2 miles or something. I hadn’t hiked in almost a year. I was pretty much totally and completely exhausted after, but post-hike tired is the best kind of tired.
- Winterjam was amazing. Every year I think it can’t get better and then it does. Though I did miss Skillet.
- I did a workout video that I literally thought would kill me. I laid on the floor for like fifteen minutes afterwards, only getting up because I got cold.
- I bought new books and my excitement was unable to be contained.
- I answered a question in environmental science and regretted my decision immediately because I am horrible with geography and realized quickly that I had no clue what I was talking about.
- I seriously have trouble spelling the word “decision.” I just can’t get it stuck in my head.
- I got my eyes dilated for the first time last week. That was fun. I couldn’t drive so Genelle had to, my dad texted me and I -blindly- texted him that I got my eyes dilated and I couldn’t see. When he texted back, I thought he had texted a bunch of random words making fun of me, but then after I showed my phone to Genelle I discovered that they were real words, I just couldn’t see them. I also tried to sit with the wrong people at La Caretta… Needless to say, it was an amusing, strange, and annoying situation.
- Genelle and I made a song for our human biology exam for the route that blood takes through the heart… and then it wasn’t on the test.
- School has been brutal this month. I’ve decided that professors have weekly meetings where they get together and decide to make their assignments, papers, and tests all at the same time because they enjoy watching us panic.
- I only had three hours of sleep and then almost cried because I thought my coffee was water. I then had a total freak out in the car over a bug.
- I have this newfound inability to know what day of the week it is. Seriously.
- I have decided that someday I shall be able to bend impossibly like the yoga lady I watch on YouTube. Someday.
- I’ve realized that I have kept my car clean since December. That’s pretty amazing.
- I was reading a book and it made me remember the time in seventh grade when I was walking into the school and I was wearing flip flops and fell because it had been raining, got up, fell again, got up, and fell again. I hadn’t thought about that in years. Thanks, book.
Photo Credit: Micah. H
Hello lovely people of cyberspace! Last month I randomly decided to do a recap of the month and I decided that I really liked the idea. So here is a recap of my first month of 2016!
- I started the second semester of my sophomore year of college (I’m almost halfway done with my Bachelor’s degree!).
- My best friend tried on wedding dresses for the first time and I only teared up a lot.
- I started eating healthier and working out.
- I started a prayer journal in this super cool journal my boyfriend got me for Christmas.
- I finished my first Bible journal – today actually (Here’s a throwback post: Bible Journaling).
- I started a jar on January 1 where every time I finish a book I put the name of the book on a slip of paper (with my typewriter, of course) and put it in the jar. Then, at the end of the year I can look and see all the books I’ve read this year – I am so excited for this!
- I learned that my mini golf skills have only improved on a small scale since I last played when I was 14 (at least I didn’t hit a lady with a golf ball this time).
- I finished Jesus > Religion by Jefferson Bethke which is a seriously amazing book.
- I learned not to despise small beginnings; you have to start somewhere.
January felt like it flew by, but looking back I can see a lot has happened in my life this month, I’ve seen God move in multiple areas of my life and it is such a blessing to reflect like this. A lot of these things may seem like they were New Year’s resolutions, but actually none of them were. They were things that happened because God placed them in my heart. Other things are just really random things that happened that give you a glimpse of what my life is like.
So what to expect for February: I’m going to start weekly posts on Wednesdays (hint: this week’s post has me really wanting to watch Peter Pan) and I’m expecting God to do big things in my life. Until next time, lovelies!
Photo Credit: Annie Spratt